Scott and The Golden Gate

Scott and The Golden Gate

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Taco Time!

OK, second recipe.... Today we had taco salad... I've finally found the mix I like to the seasoning and I just had to share with everyone

1 Tblspn dried diced onion or onion powder
2 Teaspns chili powder (I like chipotle powder)
1 1/2 teaspns salt
1 teaspn garlic powder
1 teaspn cumin
1 teaspn cayenne (more or less to taste)

Mix together spices. Brown beef and drain rendered fat. Add half the mix to the cooking beef.
Salad dressing: I use red wine garlic infused vinegar and 1 teaspn of the taco seasoning then I slowly add EVOO mixing with a whisk. I toss this with the a salad, then top with tortilla chips, cooked beef, and shredded cheddar cheese. We both agree it came out perfect.

Now a little update as to our cruising: We are STUCK in Eureka, CA for a couple more days. The weather is totally against us right now and we have the dreaded Cape Mendocino ahead of us. We've done this trip twice before and are not looking forward to our next leg. It's just that it can be rather bumpy, and after our adventure in Southern Oregon we'd rather have a smooth ride for the next few passages. Oh well, it is what it is. At least it finally stopped raining and I've got left over chicken satay to make Thai Chicken Pizza with tonight. What else could I really want, oh yes, a better selection of wine than what I'm finding at the closest store!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Neighbors from McCuddy's. I'm here in Abuja Nigeria flying Hajj Flights to Jeddah Saudi Arabia.
    Planning to head South next spring at the earliest. Sounds like your having a great adventure. See you in SFO if your still there. Best wishes, safe sailing. Steve

    ReplyDelete