Scott and The Golden Gate

Scott and The Golden Gate

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Another Recipe: Cashew Chicken

OK, so I've been neglectful in adding recipes. Last nights dinner was really good and I thought I'd throw this out there for y'all.


Cashew Chicken: adapted from one of my cookbooks
Ingredients: cubed chicken
2 tblspn vegetable or olive oil
1 tblspn sesame oil
1 cup raw unsalted cashews
2 cloves minced garlic
minced ginger to taste (we like a lot of ginger, I think I diced around 3 inches)
4 scallions chopped
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 tblspn shaoxing wine (sherry is a good supstitute)
2 tblspn soy sauce

1) Mix shaoxing, broth, soy in a bowl
2) Mix ginger and garlic in a separate bowl
3) Brown chicken in a combination of both oils. When done remove from oil.
4) Add nuts, garlic, and ginger and cook for about 30 seconds.
5) Add scallions and liquid mixture. Let cook for a minute.
6) Return chicken and allow to cook the rest of the way. About a minute or two.
7) Serve over rice or noodles.

I hope y'all enjoy it as much as we did!

No comments:

Post a Comment