Scott and The Golden Gate

Scott and The Golden Gate

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Let's Talk Pizza!

We love Pizza! Our favorite is a toss between Scott's Thai Chicken Pizza and my BBQ Pork Pizza! The other day we bought a Smithfield ham because it was on sale. Well, after 3 days of ham I'm getting sick of it. Time for pizza! I make my own BBQ sauce and top it with shredded ham and pineapple chunks.

Dough: 1 tspn yeast, 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour, 1/2 cup corn meal flour, sprinkling of salt (I use kosher), 2 tblspn olive oil (I use EVOO), and 1 to 1 1/4 cups water.
Mix all dry ingredients, add oil and mix, add 1 cup water and mix until a loose dough ball, add more water if needed, allow to rise in a warm area. Scott and I like a thin crust so I only allow it to rise while I'm making the sauce.

Sauce: 1 cup ketchup, 1 tblspn sugar, 1/8 cup white wine vinegar, 1/8 cup cider vinegar, salt/pepper to taste, 4 tblspns liquid smoke, 3 tblspns Worcestershire sauce, 1/4 tlbspn hot sauce, 1 tspn mustard powder, squeeze of 1/4 of a lemon, dash cayenne.
Mix all ingredients and bring to a simmer for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bake crust alone for 20 minutes or until firm and will slide from pizza stone or baking pan. Top with sauce, I only use about 1/2 the sauce made and reserve the rest for other things. Top with shredded pork or ham. Top with shredded white cheese, jack is good. Top with chunks of pineapple. I then grind pepper over the top to taste. This goes back into the oven for 20 minutes or so.

Enjoy! I do the Thai Chicken Pizza another time!

1 comment:

  1. Nancy makes a Mango Salsa to die for! I'll have her send the recipe...it will be one of your favorites when you get further south where mangoes fall off the trees by the thousands! Yum!

    ReplyDelete