Scott and The Golden Gate

Scott and The Golden Gate

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Haulout!

Well, we've been in contact with the haul out yard for Reisender's summer home. The yard should confirm the exact date in a few days. It's been a long time since we've had our baby out of the water and it'll be exciting to see her up on stands, also a little forlorn, but she needs the attention of a good bottom paint job and some TLC after the last 2 years. Scott and I are both looking forward to a little "land" time. Our families are expecting us late in the summer and when we return we'll start to work on the boat, but Scott agreed to splurge on a rental apartment for a month while we do the work. Living in the same space one is working on is not fun! I'm also dreaming of taking a shower everyday after we finish our work and having a nice meal without cleaning up our work first. The one request from the cats is a nice window to lounge in. I think we can try to arrange that, they have been dragged 2500 miles by sea and countless trips across country via car. The challenge of not getting accustomed to having space will be an effort, but somehow I know once we've done the work on Reisender I'll be ready to be back in my home.

The last week has been a little sad for me. We've gotten pretty close to two other boats in the marina and we've all left the marina now and gone separate ways. I know our paths will cross again, but it was a bit of a tug at my heart to see Goldenheart leave yesterday and True Blue last week. I'm happy and elated for our dear friends to be off the dock and pursuing their dreams, but at the same time I'm gonna miss my girls, the late nights of conversation, the shared challenges of projects, and the all around great company. Scott and I usually try to be away from the marina when friends leave, pretty selfish, but neither of us like "goodbyes' and choose to say, as a good friend said to us when we left, "I'll see you down the road", but this philosophy doesn't make it any easier. What does make it easier is an agreement that whenever we come into an anchorage and one of the other boats is there, the first one in makes the cocktails!

To Cynthia, Lee, Leanne, and Craig.... I raise my glass to you and the very special time we all shared!

Fair Winds My Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment