Scott and The Golden Gate

Scott and The Golden Gate

Monday, May 6, 2013

What's Next?

It's been quite a while since my last post and much has occurred. I'll recap pretty quickly: we left Ensenada for Turtle Bay. That was the longest passage to date we'd made, 73 hours. Along our way down to the Sea of Cortez we not only stopped in Turtle Bay, but also Abreojos, Bahia Santa Maria, and Bahia Magdelina. Our time in each location was not really noteworthy. We didn't really see anything that thrilled us. There were some lovely views and lot's of sea life, but nothing really jumped out to us about our voyage on the outside of Baja. Once we broke out of the Pacific and made into the Sea of Cortez all of that changed for us. The weather turned amazing and the seas a bit warmer. The scenery began to get more welcoming to us and we started getting more excited about this adventure we are on.

So where does that leave us? Currently in La Paz, Baja Sur, MX. We should be here another 2 weeks or so and start up further into the Sea for the summer. The next question I need to answer is why I haven't blogged sooner? I've been pondering this for quite some time. I could say "we are having such a great time I haven't had time", or "I really don't want to make people envious of our life", but the truth of it is after nearly 7 years of refitting the boat and finally achieving our goal we aren't really sure what is next for us. Our life has been consumed with getting Reisender and ourselves ready for this and it actually feels like someone let the air out of a balloon. It simply deflated with out a bang or a bust. I've found myself sleeping in and excited about cooking again. I've spent my days exploring the streets, markets, and restaurants, but mostly just letting go. I attend Spanish lessons 4 mornings a week, walk to the grocery store, help Scott with projects, and organize social activities here on our dock. That's what I do. Scott spends his time with projects, helping neighbors with their projects, reading, studying the cruising guides of the Sea and decompressing. Yes, we are having a wonderful time, but we really are just looking around and asking each other what's next? We've taken on the world and while the world won a couple of battles that took the wind out of us, we feel like we won the war and we are enjoying that win. We know we will spend the summer within about 400 miles of where we are and that's a lot of space with a long time window to enjoy it. So for now we are just simple enjoying the fruits of our labor. Some times life is just that simple.

Fair Winds My Friends!

1 comment: