Scott and The Golden Gate

Scott and The Golden Gate

Monday, May 13, 2013

Winding Down in La Paz

Well, our time here in La Paz is winding to a close. With a few more days here at the marina it's time to get the last of the major projects finished and start stocking in provisions for the 4 to 6 weeks we plan on taking to reach our summer home of Guaymas, Sonora, MX. Lot's of reviewing of anchorages has been going on here in Marina Cortez around the docks. It's too late to go in any direction but north at this point, due to hurricane season with starts in a couple of weeks. We should be able to find good anchorages every 10 to 20 miles and once we are about 20 miles out of La Paz the risk of the Coromuels diminishes greatly.

I've been mentally reviewing our time here over a cup of tea this morning and I thought it was a good idea to list a few of the things I've learned. I've learned to either cook early in the morning, after sunset, or out on the grill (it's just to hot any other time of day). I've learned that the best way to learn a language is to use it and practice every chance I get. I've re-learned that friendships can be almost immediate and lasting. A true friend will also be walking the docks with you at midnight looking for your lost cat. Laughter is good for so many ills! and a good potluck simply means everyone left with a smile.

What I haven't learned is when will Linux and Pixel stop shedding from the heat?

Fair winds my friends!

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your summer in Mex...and TRY to stay cool! You'll want an air conditioner for sure. We miss you guys! Come on down to Panama and visit our new place! We could use the cheap..uh.. I mean great help! ha ha

    ReplyDelete